The Maghreb Economic Forum (MEF) welcomes submissions of papers and articles from contributors willing to share their analyses and vision on key issues in the Maghreb. Through this initiative, the Maghreb Economic Forum wishes to foster dialogue and exchange of ideas between academicians, experts, and early career scholars. We strongly encourage students and young graduates, researchers, practitioners, civil society activists, and community leaders to participate and share their works.
Among other topics, MEF encourages contributions on the following issues:
- Social Development and Inclusion:
- Education, employment, gender equality, youth challenges and opportunities.
- Environment and Renewable Energies Transition:
- The impacts of water shortage on the sectors of Agriculture and tourism.
- The potentials of adopting a Blue/Green Economy in the Maghreb region.
- The potentials of wind and solar power plants in the Maghreb region.
- The impacts of Climate Change on the Maghreb region and the measures and approaches of adaptation needed.
- Regional Cooperation in the Maghreb:
- Challenges and opportunities of regional cooperation.
- The role of the private sector, entrepreneurs, and business leaders.
- Trade and Infrastructures.
- Cross borders-informal economy.
- Security cooperation among the Maghreb countries
- Youth mobility for regional integration .
- Sparking development with political and economic cooperation.
- Security Issues, Preventing and Countering Radicalization in the Maghreb:
- Maritime Security and Cooperation
- Countering / Preventing Radicalization and Violent Extremism Programs.
- Cross-border Security Cooperation.
- Violence against women.
- Organized crimes.
- Urban violence.
- Maghreb Foreign Policy:
- Changes in foreign policy of the Maghreb.
- The Maghreb region in a Multi-polar World: Old and new international actors.
MEF accepts papers in Arabic, French and English and welcomes different formats – but are not limited to – academic papers, articles, op-eds, policy briefs.
All contributions must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the form below.
There is no submission deadline
Authors whose proposals are selected will receive notification of acceptance. Notification of acceptance: 2-4 weeks after receiving the contribution.
A reading committee is responsible for reviewing all entries. Selected papers will be published on our website. Publication: 4-6 weeks after receiving the contribution.