The Professional Fellows Program (PFP) for the Middle East and North Africa is a fully funded 6-week program
(including a 4-week fellowship placement) in the U.S. for young professionals committed to empowering their communities through innovation & entrepreneurship, socially responsible businesses, as well as development & the workforce.
• Currently employed
• 25-40 years old
• A current citizen and resident of Morocco or Tunisia
• Speak fluent English
• Demonstrate initiative, openness, and flexibility
• Have at least two years’ work experience in your field
• Have strong leadership skills and commitment to community
• Be able to convene 25 or more colleagues for post-trip briefings, presentations, and project work
Selected fellows will learn:
• Effective practices in business management (developing a business plan, financing and accounting, human resource management, marketing, strategic planning, and networking;
• Principles of social entrepreneurship and increase the ability to run effective community outreach and public relations campaigns;
• Best practices from American colleagues in workforce development, gain exposure to models and innovative and practical ideas and tools in increase effectiveness of these programs;
• Increase the ability to think “outside of the box,” and spark creative, innovative approaches to problems, products, and marketplaces;
• Acquire new skills and strategies to engage effectively with policymakers and government officials;
• Form new or improved strategic partnerships.
Spring 2019 applications : CLOSED
This program is administered by Legacy International and sponsored by the US Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. The Maghreb Economic Forum is a regional partner. Legacy International conducts broad outreach to ensure a wide diversity of ethnicity, race, gender, religion, geographic location, and socio-economic status among participants. Legacy has an established record of including individuals with disabilities and has an open and inclusive application process. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply as Legacy International provides reasonable accommodations as needed to people with disabilities.