Apply to become a Professional Fellow in the Spring 2018 Program
The Professional Fellows Program (PFP) for the Middle East and North Africa is a fully funded 6-week program (including a 4-week fellowship placement) in the U.S. for young professionals committed to empowering their communities through innovation & entrepreneurship, socially responsible businesses and workforce & development.
Spring 2018 Program Dates: 21 April -2 June open to fellows from Tunisia.
Application deadline: Nov 30, 2017
Who Should Apply?
• Entrepreneurs, and Social Innovators
• Small & medium business Owners and Managers who are investing in innovative socially conscious products and programs
• Individuals working in Civil Society/NGOs working on youth workforce training and development, increasing the role of marginalized populations in the economy, building financial literacy, training in technology use and IT development, and other efforts around economic empowerment
• Individuals working in University incubators, accelerators, and job-readiness programs, and programs focusing on business development, financial literacy, sustainable tourism, or economic development.
• Individuals working in Government Agencies/Ministries, national policy offices, think-tanks, and offices working to increase the presence of underrepresented citizens in the economy.
25-40 Years old
A current citizen and resident of Tunisia
Speak fluent to English (enough to work full-time in a US fellowship)
Have at least two years‘ work experience in their field
Interest in hosting reciprocal program for Americans in your country
Able to convene 25 or more colleagues for post-trip briefings, presentations, and project work
Have demonstrated strong leadership skills and commitment to community
Demonstrates initiative, teamwork, and openness
Preference will be given to those who have not previously traveled on a U.S. government funded program.
This program is administered by Legacy International, sponsored by the US Department and coordinated in Tunisia by the Maghreb Economic Forum (MEF).
Legacy International conducts broad outreach to ensure a wide diversity of ethnicity, race, gender, religion, geographic location, and socio-economic status among participants. Legacy has an established record of including individuals with disabilities and has an open and inclusive application process. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We provide reasonable accommodations as needed to people with disabilities.
The Professional Fellows Program is sponsored by the United States Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, and administered by Legacy International with assistance from multiple partners in the United Stated and the MENA region.
The Maghreb Economic Forum (MEF), is a Think-and-Do Tank, founded in 2011 on the premise of supporting Maghreb integration and unlocking the potential for economic and social growth in Algeria, Libya, Mauretania, and Tunisia, as well as nurturing and inspiring a new generation of responsible leader across the MENA region.
For more info and videos, click here